City of Hood River Building Department Services
Dates of Service: 2010 – Present
Permit activities include a wide range of small to large commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential projects including:
- Commercial buildings
- Industrial buildings
- Institutional hospital buildings
- Residential buildings
- Historical buildings
Prior to being requested to provide complete building department services in 2010, Clair provided plan review support to the City on an as-needed basis for complex projects. Projects included Providence Health Systems hospital addition, Columbia Gorge Community College new classroom building and site development, and a range of commercial projects within the City.
Hood River is a thriving community along the Columbia River Gorge and is the seat of Hood River County.
Hood River is considered by many to be one of the most beautiful cities in Oregon; located between the twin peaks of Mt. Hood in Oregon and Mt. Adams in Washington.
Businesses in Hood River include a growing market of breweries, wineries, and services to support the tourist
Complete Building Department Services
- Building Official Services
- Permit Issuance
- Plan Review & Inspections for Structural, Fire/Life Safety, and Mechanical
- Building Code Enforcement
- Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Reporting
- State Operating Plan Upkeep
- Coordination with City and County Departments
- Floodplain Administration