Dwelling Assessment / Design
Dates of Service: 2013 – Present
- Provide initial review of documents including correspondence with the jurisdictional requirements.
- Conduct site meetings with owner to review existing construction and develop compliance alternatives and strategies.
- Develop construction plans and engineering documents needed to facilitate compliance with the jurisdictional requirements or violation notices.
- Assist the owner in working with the jurisdiction to obtain permits and inspection approvals for complex cases including unpermitted work outlined in violation notices
Clair is able to assess the building code issues related with planned improvements as well as existing unpermitted alterations. Our goal is always to identify an acceptable path for the applicant and the City or County Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).
During this process, we work closely with the client and the AHJ to produce the necessary documentation (drawings, reports, etc.) needed to apply for permits. Support is provided to our clients from initial design through permit issuance and final inspection approval.
Building types include:
- Family residences
- Student residences
- Congregate living facilities
- Accessory structures
Building Code Consulting and Inspections
- Fire Protection
Engineering Design & Review Services
- Construction plans and documents
- Assist in obtaining permits